Graduate Certificate in Religious and Values Education
To graduate students must satisfactorily complete 32 points.
Study Mode Online Education, Distance Learning & External study modes available
What is this course about?
CSU's Graduate Certificate in Religious and Values Education is designed to provide teachers of religious and values education with a grounding in biblical, philosophical, ethical, and multi-faith disciplines within religious studies.
This course offers opportunities for the development of pedagogical skills in the teaching of religious and values education. It also offers opportunities for professional development for teachers of Religious Education (K-12) from all educational backgrounds. The course arises from recent theoretical and practical movements in Australia and the United Kingdom to develop a broad-based religious and values curriculum incorporating the above discipline areas.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will be able to:
- provide knowledge of basic scholarship in biblical studies, philosophy, ethics, and world religions
- develop skills appropriate to the teaching of religion and philosophy
- foster a critical appreciation of the nature and purpose of religious values and philosophical education in the school curriculum
- provide materials for the development of subjects that incorporate academic rigour, philosophical reasoning, and opportunities for spiritual development
- examine assessment issues particular to the teaching of religion and philosophy.
Session 1 (Autumn)
THL471 Teaching the Bible
THL472 Teaching Philosophy of Religion
Session 2 (Spring)
THL473 Teaching Religious Ethics
THL474 Teaching World Religions
At a glance
Session 1; Session 2
1 year by distance education
© Copyright Charles Sturt University