External Study - Distance education at CQU
Approximately 40 percent of CQUniversity (CQU) students study by distance education.
CQU has many years' experience using online technologies to support and enhance the learning experiences of distance education students.
Distance education is an ideal choice for people who do not live near a campus to complete a course; or for people who wish to combine study with their job, as you may choose when and where you study.
Teaching and learning
External courses are the same as on-campus courses – the only difference is that rather than attend lectures, tutorials and practical classes in person, you study using a variety of other methods.
E-course is CQU's online teaching and learning environment. It delivers web-based course material and assessment tasks and facilitates communication and collaboration between staff and students.
E-course is being implemented as the university-wide learning management system.
CQU's online environment gives you flexible and convenient access to learning resources and will enrich your learning experiences.
Distance Education Support - CQU Student Association
The Distance Education section of the CQU Student Association website is devoted to information tailor-fitted to the needs of external students.
In particular it contains a wealth of information on the distance education support services offered, including; DE Academic Support Services, DE Advocacy & Support Services and DE Student Services.
Great reasons to study at CQU
- The 2011 edition of The Good Universities Guide awarded CQU three '5-star ratings'
- The 2010 edition of The Good Universities Guide awarded CQU two '5-star ratings' including 5 stars for Access as well as Graduate Starting Salaries, with 4 stars for Positive Graduate Outcomes. The Good Universities Guide also reported solid results for Teaching Quality and Entry Flexibility.
- The 2009 edition of The Good Universities Guide awarded CQU five '5-star ratings'
- The 2008 edition of The Good Universities Guide awarded CQU seven '5-star ratings' including 5 stars for Graduate Starting Salary, Positive Graduate Outcomes, Cultural Diversity, International Enrolments, Access by Equity Groups, Proportion given credit for TAFE studies and Non-Government Earnings
- The 2007 edition of The Good Universities Guide awarded CQU five '5-star ratings' including 5 stars for Positive Graduate Outcomes,
International Enrolments, Cultural Diversity, Proportion of Credit given for TAFE studies and Non-Government Earnings
- The 2006 edition of The Good Universities Guide awarded CQU six '5-star ratings' including 5 stars for Positive Graduate Outcomes,
International Enrolments, Cultural Diversity and the Proportion of Credit Given for TAFE studies
- The 2004 edition of The Good Universities Guide awarded CQU six '5-star ratings' including 5 stars for graduate satisfaction, cultural diversity, international enrolments, non-government earnings, entry flexibility and graduate starting salary
- CQU had one of the highest employment rates in Australia for graduates, 81.6% of CQU bachelor degree graduates secured full-time employment within six months of completing their degrees according to the Graduate Careers Council of Australia 'GradStats' data.
- Graduate Council of Australia ranked CQU in Australia's top 10 Universities based on success of our graduates gaining well-paid, full-time employment.
- CQU was recognised as a national centre for excellence winning the IDP Education Australia Exporter of the Year Award, a national award for international education. Over 40% of CQU's students are international students.
The University reached the national finals of the Australian Export Awards by winning its category of the Premier of Queensland's Export Awards.
- CQU uses innovative, and appropriate models of product delivery that are tailored to site and cultural needs.
- A pioneer of distance education in Australia, CQU is very experienced in the provision of quality distance education to over 7 000 distance education students around the world.